On April 14th I was sworn into the South Kingstown Economic Development Committee. It is an honor to serve my community in this capacity!
As a member, I will work hard to fulfill the Committee's following goals:
I chose to live in a community with a walkable Main St, and every day I take advantage of the access to vibrant and innovative small businesses. I will fight to preserve and create opportunities for growth in downtown Wakefield and Peace Dale. During such difficult economic times we need courageous and diligent leadership to direct resources to our local economy.
1. Encourage the attraction and expansion of industrial and commercial development which is consistent with environmental policies and standards established in the Community Comprehensive Plan and in Town ordinances and regulations;
2. Develop site criteria for new business development and expansion of existing firms; Review specific locations that are most suitable to nonresidential development;
3. Recommend strategies to enhance local conditions favorable to the promotion of responsible economic growth;
4. Identify potential cooperative ventures with the University of Rhode Island to stimulate commercial and industrial development;
5. Research federal and state economic development funding assistance programs and services.